From:
Ilona Koti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 07:48:46 -0800
Hi,

I agree with Patrick on the iPad security and training issue.  We just
discussed iPads yesterday at the Sacramento chapter meeting.  The City of
Mountain View is using iPads as their source for storing board related
materials, but Apple headquarters is located in Cupertino a town over, so I
think that many of the Silicon Valley companies/public offices that use this
type of technology have some sort of manufacturer connection and perhaps
aren't currently prime need-based examples since technology could be taken
over security in most cases to tout the latest product advances.  However,
this is not to say that we could not learn a great deal from their
experience and consider implementation of iPads or a similar technology
within the next year.

The other question is what really needs to be printed and put in binders?
If there are long publications an extract may serve as an appropriate copy
for the binder and then the rest of material may be accessible online in a
secure environment.  If most of the materials are discarded or minimally
used during meetings a digitized pre-board meeting binder could also help
off-set costs/enhance eco-options by not printing unnecessary materials.

Mini Logo.tif

Ilona N. Koti

MLS, MS IM, CPC, CRM, PMP

Principal Consultant

 <http://www.cvcg.org> http://www.cvcg.org

Crystalview Consulting Group / Records & Information Management Consulting /
2883 Forebay Road Pollock Pines, CA 95726 / 530 644-4577 Office / 408
705-8253 Mobile /  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]