From:
"Greene, Ben" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 20:55:06 -0600
I believe this subject has come up before on the list, but I am not
locating anything specific.  Are there any formal "guidelines" regarding
implementing retention periods to records that did not have any periods
set previously?  Meaning, when a company implements its inaugural
retention schedule, how are the periods enforced from the onset?  From
my experience, it was usually just a business decision to either go back
and implement retention or to put a stake in the ground as say "this is
our policy going forward".  I was hoping to find something in ISO or
Sedona regarding retroactive retention enforcement, but have found
nothing.

Thanks.

Ben Greene, CRM