From:
Dwight WALLIS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2011 10:07:19 -0700
Tamara, just to add to Chris's comment: We converted to Drupal as well and
have had considerable success, for many of the same format/updating reasons
that Chris cited. Tracking metrics have indicated a greater use of the
schedules, and I've noticed customers citing the schedules more often in
dealing with us. To track changes, we basically just retire the old schedule
and replace with the new, often by utilizing a different set of record
series codes to distinguish the two. Updating is fairly informal in the
sense that it will occur in a responsive manner based on organizational or
legal changes - sometimes to a single series, sometimes to the entire
schedule. We do try to review and update the schedules every 5 years. You
can see what we've done at http://web.multco.us/records/retention-schedules

PS: Another advantage to Drupal: short urls!

--
Dwight Wallis, CRM
Multnomah County Records Management Program