From:
Dean DeBolt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:21:18 -0600
We are presently operating four of them in the library, one in my
Department.
I have nothing but praise for it.   It handles all the sizes of microfilm
we have,
our microfiche, aperature cards; it scans easily and we have been able to
incorporate
scans into our e-mails, publications, and the like.   We are currently
sending one
back to the manufacturer for retrofitting to handle microprint cards.

The controls allow you to make a lot of adjustments which is great given
the wide
variety of film quality as well as the quality of the images.   We have
microfilm from
dozens of archives, libraries, and the like across three continents, every
one of them
different in terms of quality, negative, positive, etc. and we are able to
convert and
read nearly every image regardless of quality.   The only thing we can't
read or
change is where the original was microfilmed so badly out-of-focus and that
is the
image on the film.

Dean

--
Dean DeBolt, University Librarian/University Archivist
University Archives and West Florida History Center

University of West Florida Library
11000 University Parkway
Pensacola, FL  32514-5750
[log in to unmask];   850-474-2213