From:
Pat Franks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2012 20:44:06 -0400
Hi all,

The School of Library and Information Science at San Jose State University
has a robust internship program that includes place-based and virtual
assignments for students pursuing both a master's degree in library and
information science (MLIS) and a master's degree in archives and records
management (MARA).

My role for this spring, fall and next spring is to supervise students in
virtual internship positions. Learn more about virtual internships at
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/interns/virtual/index.htm

Information for site supervisors can be found here
http://slisweb.sjsu.edu/interns/

While we have a good number of libraries involved, we would like very much
to be able to offer internships focusing on records and information
management in businesses and government.

In addition, I am working with the college of business to identify virtual
positions for next spring (2013) for business information/systems students.

If you are interested in hosting a virtual intern or learning more, either I
or my business colleague would be happy to give you a call.

Just send a note to [log in to unmask] to arrange a telephone call to
discuss this further.

If you have questions you think others would be interested in, I'd be happy
to answer them here.

Pat