From:
"Enns, Lois" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2012 14:06:42 -0700
Hi Rick,

We use the vendor for semi-active records. We have our own box and
content data management system because under the vendors terms, any data
entered in their system is data that they own and which we do not have
data transfer rights should we decide to remove our boxes from their
storage. We do about 1000 new box submissions a year and about 1,000 to
1,500 retrievals using the current system and have over 12,000 boxes in
storage.

The vendor we have now bought the company we originally signed with back
in 1979. For many years, we have not had a signed contract because what
they provide is an international "boiler plate" contract that our legal
and purchasing divisions cannot sign due clauses that contradict city
policies and Canadian legislation.

There are not many other options where we are located, and there are
significant penalty charges should we decide to move our boxes
elsewhere. So this is the "box" we are working within.

So some limitations here for sure.

Thank you for your comments,
Lois