From:
Hugh Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Apr 2012 01:30:13 -0400
What I find so amazing is that no one sees the correlation to their lax security and their breaches. I will not mention this particular company to protect the guilty but when they were forced to vault their records they spent months examining all the best ways to do it.  When we were building their vault, I asked to see where they stored them currently to compare.

The records were stored in odd boxes in an attic of a  wood Quonset hut.  Asbestos laden pipes, space heaters and vermin ran through this place.  But one serious breach and they were forced to go 180 degrees and do it right.

I have been saying this for years.........  we will see records managers going to prison for egregious behavior in complying with the laws.  NFPA 232 makes you the 100% Responsible Party for the Records Center so it will be easy for the management to force this down on you.

If it is wrong, push it up the chain and say it is wrong.  Make management refuse your request to do it right.  Put the burden up the pyramid or terrible consequences will result.

Hugh Smith
FIRELOCK Fireproof Modular Vaults
(610)  756-4440    Fax (610)  756-4134
WWW.FIRELOCK.COM