From:
Cherise Forbes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2012 11:20:05 -0400
There is the OECD, (Organisation for  Economic Cooperation and Development)  but they pretty much repeat the GLP guidelines which states trial information should be retained:

As applicable, the longer of:

Last product registration + 7 years or
Project termination + 7 years or
As long as company holds the research or marketing permit + 7 years, unless otherwise justified

This could add up to be a very long time!  Having been in pharmaceuticals for over 20 years, I have yet to dispose of any original trial information. :)

Happy Monday back!
Cherise