From:
"McKee, Robert" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 14:13:19 -0500
Count me among the people that think it's silly for someone to waste their money (or their employer's money) by playing on a device throughout a presentation...but unless they're making a lot of noise to the point of distraction, that's their own business.

Before there were smart phones & tablets there was texting, before that there were pagers, before that there were books or magazines people brought or pens & paper they scribbled on.  There has and always will be something people bring to "busy" themselves during presentations.  The audience will rarely be 100% fully engaged.

As Pilar & Tony just mentioned, there are also practical and positive reasons that some people are using their device.

Robert W. McKee
Records Manager
Direct:  314.345.6861