From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 12:25:11 -0700
I've attended presentations where they have a screen up prior to the
meeting requesting attendees to silence and/or turn off all mobile devices
PRIOR TO the meeting beginning and to leave them off for the duration of
the meeting.  Honestly, I don't think its too much to ask, regardless of
WHO is "paying for you to attend".

My daughter (21) says she attends some parties called "facetime events"
where the host/hostess places a large bowl on the table near the door for
phones to be dropped off when you enter the house and they're held
'hostage' until you leave.  She's also been to overnight events called
"chill outs" where attendees are requested to drop their car key in a large
glass filled with water that gets frozen until the next morning.

I guess this goes to show you that even those who are just coming of age
are realizing how rude being constantly connected can be... seems odd that
we might need to take a lesson FROM OUR KIDS in how to behave in social
settings!!

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina