From:
Cherise Forbes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2012 15:39:22 -0400
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Larry Medina
Sent: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 3:25 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [RM] OT: Mobile Device Etiquette

I've attended presentations where they have a screen up prior to the meeting requesting attendees to silence and/or turn off all mobile devices PRIOR TO the meeting beginning and to leave them off for the duration of the meeting.  Honestly, I don't think its too much to ask, regardless of WHO is "paying for you to attend".

My daughter (21) says she attends some parties called "facetime events"
where the host/hostess places a large bowl on the table near the door for phones to be dropped off when you enter the house and they're held 'hostage' until you leave.  She's also been to overnight events called "chill outs" where attendees are requested to drop their car key in a large glass filled with water that gets frozen until the next morning.

I guess this goes to show you that even those who are just coming of age are realizing how rude being constantly connected can be... seems odd that we might need to take a lesson FROM OUR KIDS in how to behave in social settings!!

Larry
Kudos to your daughter and her friends!

--
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify
the system manager: [log in to unmask] This e-mail and its
attachments have been scanned for the presence of computer
viruses, however it is always advisable to run a virus check on
e-mails and attachments before opening them.