From:
Peter Kurilecz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 May 2012 11:50:54 -0400
What folks need to remember is that the testing is done first for the 140+
required functionalities. If you go and look at the required functions
you'll see some basic RM items create folder etc. Now that said, the
product I work with has 3 different models, Base, DoD and MoReq. In the 7
years I've been working with customers to implement the product not one has
installed the DoD model. they all install the Base model.

I also suspect (and this is based upon responding to RFPs over the years)
that there are only a handful of folks in our profession who have really
sat down and read the DoD requirements from front to back. Many RFPs that
i've reviewed would ask if we were DoD certified and we would answer yes.
then when you got down into the weeds of the RFP there would be questions
such as "Can you create a folder?" or some other question about
functionality that was tested by DoD.

What testing against the DoD requirements does (and it is not to determine
who is best) do is to allow one to compare apples to apples. If you are
comparing two products and they both are DoD certified then you know they
do certain functions. It is your job to get into the guts of the products
to find out how they do the functions something DoD doesn't test

--
Peter Kurilecz CRM CA
Richmond, Va