From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 May 2012 11:13:02 -0700
I think you';re getting the types of answers you're looking for.

Are you developing something to market/demonstrate to your clients that you
UNDERSTAND the value of their materials while in your care, or to TRAIN
your staff of the value and what these items represent to clients?

I think (in either case) it driving home the point that they are
INFORMATION ASSETS- that they have TREMENDOUS value to others, either to
demonstrate they are in compliance or to support their business
objectives... and in many cases YOUR clients are managing assets for THEIR
clients, so the commitment can go even a layer or two deeper.

Look at the findings of the court following the Diversified Records fire in
PA a few years back and while that was a total loss event, the values of
the holding were calculated on a per box or per cu ft basis- as what it
would cost to recreate those records.  And that didn't take into account
cases where they COULDN'T be recreated or the 'real time' losses of the
inability to produce records to support ongoing business needs.

Maybe a photo of a folder or box stuffed with money or a cartridge or reel
of tape with money coming out of it??  and it's not just money in many
cases, if it's a family business it could be their future, if they lose
critical information, the business could collapse.

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA