From:
"Hilliard, Mary" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2012 14:28:02 +0000
When I read conversations about "the cloud", it reminds me of other discussions about topics which are so general (education, the economy, etc.) that people can agree or disagree and yet no one is talking about the same thing.  The cloud may be a virtualization strategy that offers an organization better accessibility to data from numerous locations but is still private and is very closely monitored and protected or it may be the public cloud which does provide some affordances, but also some additional hazards which must be carefully weighed.  By using such a general term, there is little way to know what scenarios are being discussed by the various players.

I believe these conversations are good, but do caution that it might be useful to clarify a bit more as we discuss.

Mary Hilliard, CRM