From:
Frederic Grevin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:59:56 -0500
Glen, it's a "CATFISH", not a cat:  European catfish Silurus glanis L., the world's third largest and Europe's largest freshwater fish (as stated in the article).

I am not a biologist, but I believe this is "adaptive behaviour", strictly speaking:  it's NOT evolutionary until the behaviour turns up in succeeding generations.

And, as the article points out, only SOME of the catfish in this local population are exhibiting this behaviour.

Probably will NOT apply to RIMers, since there does not appear to be a parent/child order of succession in this profession (unlike, e.g., musicians).

Have a NICE weekend ....

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin, Vice-President
Records Management Department
New York City Economic Development Corporation . www.nycedc.com
[log in to unmask] . w. 212.312.3903 . mobile 917.510.3016 . f. 212.618.5722