From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Feb 2013 08:10:44 -0800
On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 7:35 AM, Spencer, Beth
<[log in to unmask]>wrote:

> This is a really great idea. Does anyone know if there's anything like
> this in the Midwest/Chicago area? I would definitely use it and I'm sure
> others would, too.

1) how do you know the size of the finished product?
2) if it were that size, it would fill up relatively fast
3) what if it jams with your papers inserted but NOT shredded
4) "swipe your card and start"... what happens to YOUR DATA?!?!?!
5) $2.50 for 2mins? How many sheets would it be able to process?

spend $30-50 and get a decent quality home shredder, you know the size of
the output when you buy it, you can empty it as often as you like, you can
clear your own jams, there's no need for providing your PII/PFI when you
use it, it pays for itself in 10-20 uses.

If you have a large volume to shred before you buy one, most commercial
service storage firms will take a box or ten for a flat rate and give you a
certificate of destruction, or let you watch it get destroyed... and every
year, many metropolitan areas offer a free shred day where you can do 1-5
boxes (take your family with you, that'll get the bulk!) and make a picnic
out of it =)

Larry

*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA