From:
"Creamer, William" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 17:23:35 +0000
"I think politics and records management are intertwined" - that is your opinion, not a fact.  I didn't make a threat to leave the list, I said I would leave the list. It is not childish or unprofessional to value your time, and possibly come to the conclusion that your time is better used elsewhere.  It's a personal choice.  If you think that politics and records management are so intertwined that it requires us to talk about gun control and criticism of the current and last administration, you are apparently in a place where the most vocal people share your view - good for you.

If the politically charged posts were somehow labeled like off topic posts are, I could delete them without reading, but so far they are not presented that way.  If you wish to use your time in talking about politics and how it relates to records, no one is stopping you or anyone else.  I'm merely saying that I, and apparently some others, do not share that view and will withdraw quietly, and without further discussion about our decisions.  Instead of name calling, why don't you be the grown up professional you say I am not, and state your opinion without making derogatory personal attacks?

Bill Creamer
Records & Conflicts Manager
New York, NY 10019.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:  This email message is intended to be received only by persons entitled to receive the confidential information it may contain.  Email messages to clients of Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP presumptively contain information that is confidential and legally privileged; email messages to non-clients are normally confidential and may also be legally privileged.  Please do not read, copy, forward or store this message unless you are an intended recipient of it.  If you have received this message in error, please forward it back.  Willkie Farr & Gallagher LLP is a limited liability partnership organized in the United States under the laws of the State of Delaware, which laws limit the personal liability of partners.