From:
Mark Grysiuk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:31:10 -0400
My name is Mark Grysiuk and I've been a member of this Listserve for a few
years now. For a number of reasons, both personal and professional, I've
held back on participating in the conversations that take place. But with
all the change taking place in my life right now, I feel now is as good a
time as any to introduce myself and start giving back.

But before I continue, I am a BlackBerry employee and the opinions I am
expressing today are my own and not that of my employer.

With that out of the way, here is some background information on me:

I've been working in the information management profession for over 14
years, the last six and half years as a records management practitioner.
Currently, I am responsible for BlackBerry’s Corporate Records Management
program. For more information, see my public-facing LinkedIn Profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markgrysiuk

I am an active volunteer for ARMA International and I currently serve on
ARMA International’s Content Editorial Board. I've also served as ARMA
Toronto’s Program Director Jan 2009 to June 2010. Some of the ARMA projects
I been involved in the past five years include:

-Mobile Communications and Records and Information Management ARMA
TR-10-2012 (Project Workgroup Leader) – If you haven’t read this report,
please check it out. See link below.

-Mobile Communications: How to Make Governance Work! (web seminar)

-Records Center Operations, Third Edition ARMA TR01-2011

-Metadata: A Basic Tutorial for Records Managers

 (Links to the above reports/web seminar are at the end of this posting)

Earlier this summer, June 18, 2013, Ray Davis interviewed me on Inside the
Records Room. If you haven’t checked it out, visit
http://www.insidetherecordsroom.com/ and follow the instructions for
accessing the recorded program.

And if you've made it this far, some of you may be interested to know that
I started my career in the music industry in the mid-1980s, first as a
private music instructor, teaching classical and rock guitar styles to
students aged five to fifty. This led to a ten-year career performing in
rock bands and touring across western Canada and Northern and Southern
Ontario, ending in the mid-1990s. (Back in the day, we performed three to
four shows a night, six nights a week, two to three months at a time.) In
the late 1990s, early 2000s, while I was establishing myself as a technical
writer/administrator, I continued balancing a secondary career as a booking
agent/musician, but very quickly realized that I didn't have the same
passion for the sound recording profession as I had in the early 1980s. And
in early 2007, I started a career in the records management profession.
It’s funny how things work out.

Links to ARMA Technical Reports and Web Seminars:

Mobile Communications and Records and Information Management:
https://members.arma.org/eweb/browse.aspx?webcode=product&id=f7b3c59c-ab08-41f2-bbfe-03987f093d9e#.Uj2NeIakoec

Mobile Communications: How to Make Governance Work (webinar):
https://www.arma.org/eweb/DynamicPage.aspx?webcode=EduRedirect&evt_key=9DA613AD-FD87-4DFF-9130-787893EDE974&etp_key=9A8E3602-D5D3-4463-88F8-A95F7FD422C1

Records Center Operations, Third Edition:
https://members.arma.org/eweb/browse.aspx?webcode=product&id=111016ce-835d-497a-8c64-e8365b238244#.Uj2Oooakoec

Metadata: A Basic Tutorial for Records Managers:
https://members.arma.org/eweb/browse.aspx?webcode=product&id=8dbd46cb-bd68-4c33-9f48-c750049a38eb

If for some reason the above links don’t work, visit ARMA International’s
site (www.arma.org) to access the book store and web seminars.