From:
"Schmidt, Donna J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 20:38:19 +0000
I'm looking  for stats to include in a series of value proposition slides for senior leadership around our records management project.  I thought I had a bunch of this on hand .... It's the sort of thing you look at on your desk every day until the moment that you need it.

They don't need to look perfect, I can format, etc.  Any actual slides or charts would be great if you have some that are share-able (to avoid cluttering everyone's Inbox, feel free to email me directly at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.)  Also, these can be case studies if they can be reduced to a sound bite and you feel confident enough (and have permission) for us to use them.

*        Pace at which electronic records are growing

*        Chart that shows when electronic records growth outpaces cost of storage

*        Cost savings moving from paper to digital

*        Time spent by employees  looking for docs

*        Recent court cases where organizations had to pay because they couldn't find records for public records request,  eDiscovery, paper etc.

*        Cost of paper records management/storage v. digital

*        Instances where an organization's historic records are lost due to age  of media, age of software,  etc.

*        Instances where the State has fined an organization for poor records  management (or given them some teeny amount  of time in which to comply)

*        Other compelling (and preferably quantifiable) info

Meanwhile,  I'll  keep looking through my own stuff :)
Thank you!!

Donna Schmidt
Electronic Records Compliance, PM
Seattle Public Schools