From:
"Schmidt, Donna J" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Jan 2014 16:46:49 +0000
Hi Linda,

I am at Seattle Schools and we just wrapped up many months of discovery, including discussions with several other school  districts around the country.  Ping me off-line and we can set up a conference call -- I'd be  happy to share.  Am sending this to the full list in case there are other K-12 districts or cities/counties on the list that are interested.

One caveat -- we have decided, after much discussion  and analysis, not to move forward with content management as our first step, but instead to acquire advanced search and classify tools to categorize our existing historic records (10+ TB accumulated over 15 years) coupled with manage-in-place software that will allow the records to remain for the time being in the "Wild West" on shared drives while enabling us to complete some  amount  of deletion and archiving.  This will  be our first step and is most viable for us as it allows a small stealth team to do a large amount of records classification without disturbing end users.  This is a "Look Back" approach expected to provide significant efficiencies (and compliancy) for our legal  team (eDiscovery and public records requests) and our records  department (disposition).  Once we acquire additional funding we will start working with the business teams on a content management solution, standard forms, improved business processes, etc. for our "Day Forward" approach.

Cheers,
Donna Schmidt ([log in to unmask])
Electronic Records Management,  PM
Seattle Public Schools