From:
"Elizabeth W. Adkins, CRM, CA" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:30:21 -0500
The Northern Virginia chapter of ARMA is sponsoring an outstanding seminar on
information governance on February 28, featuring world-class speakers that
you won't want to miss!  Early registration deadline is this Thursday, February
13.  Act quickly to get a tremendous value for the money!  Visit
http://www.arma-nova.org/Chapter%20Programs/February%202014%
20Seminar.html to register.

Register before February 14, and the cost is only $125 for members, $150 for
nonmembers, or $75 per person for three or more people from the same
company or agency.  Even if you miss the early registration deadline, the cost
is only $150 for members, $175 for nonmembers, and $100 per person for
three or more people from the same company or agency.  And if you are a full-
time student, the cost is $50, regardless of when you sign up.

We are excited by the world-class speakers who have agreed to share their
insights with our chapter:

•  DAVID McCUE, Fortune 175 CIO, consultant and university professor, will
present the opening keynote address, by providing a CIO’s view of information
governance
•  KEVIN CHAREST, PhD, CISSP, PMP, Chief Information Security Officer, U.S.
Dept. of Health and Human Services, will discuss the information security side
of information governance
•  JOHN ISAZA, Esq., FAI, Partner, Rimon Law, will talk about 21st century
best practices for information governance
•  LEIGH ISAACS, CIP, Director, Records and Information Governance, Orrick,
Herrington & Sutcliffe LLP will talk about the “old” versus “new” records
manager
•  PATRICK J. CUNNINGHAM, CIP, FAI, Senior Director, Information
Governance, Motorola Solutions, Inc., will wrap up the day with his
presentation on “Practical Information Governance – a Heretic’s Perspective”

We’ll be holding the seminar at Founders Hall of the George Mason University
campus in Arlington – a new meeting venue that we tried and liked very much
last year.  We will have exclusive access to a beautiful auditorium in the
building, as well as catered continental breakfast, snack breaks, and lunch at
a nearby room where we can also benefit from information booths that will be
set up by the chapter’s generous sponsors.  Free parking will be available to
those who drive to the seminar, and for those who use the Metro, Founders
Hall is only 1.5 blocks from the Virginia Square/GMU Metro station.
Be sure to sign up for what is sure to be one of the chapter highlights of the
year, and spread the word to everyone you know!

Logistics:

DATE:  Friday, February 28, 2014

TIME:  8:00 AM – 4:15 PM
PLACE:  George Mason University – Arlington, Founders Hall, 3351 Fairfax
Drive, Arlington, VA (see http://info.gmu.edu/Maps/ArlingtonMap12.pdf for a
map and to get directions)
PARKING:  FREE Parking available in Founders Hall
METRO:  1.5 blocks from Virginia Square/GMU Metro Station