From:
Dan Quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Feb 2014 08:09:26 -0500
Good advice, Tom.

NEGOTIATE!!!

Dan Quinn
www.danquinn.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Shull <[log in to unmask]>
To: RECMGMT-L <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Fri, Feb 21, 2014 12:25 am
Subject: Re: Storage increase of 20%

Glen,
I have to say it - negotiate! You don't have to accept their increases. You have
some choices. Maybe not attractive choices, but choices nevertheless. Let them
know their proposed price increase just may push you into making big changes.

I try to always have a price escalation clause in the contract that ties any
price increase to the Consumer Price Index (CPI). The U.S. Dept. of Labor, which
published the CPI, has lots of information about using it in contracts. Won't
help you this time, but saves a lot of hassle in the future. See
http://www.bls.gov/dolfaq/bls_ques7.htm

Tom Shull

> Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2014 15:54:58 +0000
> From: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Storage increase of 20%
> To: [log in to unmask]
>
> WOW vendor goes up over 20% on storage costs and tacks on a charge that I did
not even ask for.  Anyone else see these. Vendor to remain nameless. Rant over.