From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Apr 2014 14:34:19 -0700
When I was a kid, I had to learn cursive... of course, I'm old.  My Mother
had beautiful cursive handwriting up until she was in her early 80s and
rheumatoid arthritis made it hard for her to hold a pen.... but she still
tried real hard.

But in high school and after, I spent a lot of time in mechanical drafting
and architecture and had to learn how to print AND 'architectural script'
and we were doing ink on vellum, so you REALLY didn't want to screw up.

Now, it's a mix for me... and I find myself bouncing back and forth between
the two.  But when people younger than me see my cursive, they're rather
amazed by it and always ask me "How did you learn to write like that?"  And
I fall back on "I'm old" =)

So now, to tie this thread into the last one about "family histories" and
provide a means for technology to bridge the gap, allow me to offer up:
www.netnebraska.org/node/905765

I have NO CLUE how they are able to offer this service at $25/unit,
including the journal, scanning, shipping two ways and storage... and I
haven't dug into the details to determine the formats they're storing in or
where or how, but because you can sync it to a device YOU OWN, and because
you get your journal back (if you want it) there is less concern.  This
might be  away to address family histories... build a "table of contents"
in the front of each Journal, put title pages inside, send the journals to
family members and have them send them back, then have them scanned and
returned to you.

Again, I have no association of financial ties to this organization... but
I have to tell you, I REALLY LIKE their business model!!

Larry

--

*Lawrence J. MedinaDanville, CA RIM Professional since 1972*