From:
"Stearns, Jason" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Mar 2015 17:21:40 +0000
Answers to Mr. Grevin's queries below

-----Original Message-----
From: Records Management Program [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Frederic Grevin
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 12:47 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Optimal Size for a Records Survey Project Team

Hi Jason,

A few questions:‎

1. Are you expecting survey BOTH paper records and electronic records‎? - Yes, thought the bulk is electronic

2. Are you expecting to survey any artifacts?‎ No

3. At what level do you expect to inventory the paper records? Box? Folder? Document? Box

4. At what level do you expect to inventory the electronic records? See answer to 7

5. What will be the data-collection device? Laptop? Tablet? Paper forms? Laptop

6. Do you want the teams to work in all locations more or less simultaneously, or could‎ they work sequentially, location by location?‎ Sequentially

7. Do you expect the inventory of the paper records and the electronic records to be completed at the same time? This affects the composition of the team. Same time.  It's less about specific doc formats and mapping what the business has against pre identified record series. And identify any new series that may need to be created

8. What is the existing relationship between your IG / RIM group and the various business units - especially those outside of the U.S.A.? As a centralized function, this is brand new to the firm so no prior relationship.

9. Do any of these business units have existing records managers / archivists / IG staff? No, some admins have been handling the work historically but not in an official or formalized way.

10. Are any of the countries in the APAC or LatAm involved in "disagreements" with the U.S. Government? No

Sounds like you're going to have fun...

Warmest regards,

Fred
Frederic J. Grevin