From:
"Jones, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 May 2015 13:22:27 +0000
<I guess the "warm and fuzzy" of ARMA Conferences will slowly disappear...Times are a changing and you have to wonder...>

When the "warm and fuzzy" goes, so does most of the benefits from networking.  Things like the Awards Banquet (which disappeared several years ago), Chapter Awards in front of the whole conference, and the Fellows luncheon helped us all feel pride in our organization and our chapters and also helped us all celebrate achievements with other members.  There were enough "social" events (not just drinking parties) for us to meet new folks in the profession and get comfortable enough to ask about their work activities and begin some problem solving.  It was almost a "family" feeling, which no longer exists.

Ginny Jones
(Virginia A. Jones, CRM, FAI)
Records Manager
Information Technology Division