From:
"Greene, Loretta" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 2015 16:02:39 +0000
Hi Charlene,

I have used the Micron pens before, but have noticed that they can smear before fully drying. What I like much better and have used with great success over the years are Sharpie Film/Print marking pens available through Light Impressions: http://www.lightimpressionsdirect.com/black-film-print-marking-pen/archival-page-accessories/.

I always buy #2631 - it's got a very fine point, The ink dries instantly, and is very stable. That said, I would of course still advocate writing near to an edge, as far away from the central image content as possible.

Peter Schmid

Visual Resources Archivist

Peter F. Schmid, CA | Visual Resources Archivist | Providence Archives | 4800 37th Avenue SW | Seattle, Washington 98126 | ph: 206.923.4012 | fax: 206.923.4001 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>