From:
"Nemchek, Lee" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 2016 19:00:57 +0000
The Good Old Days for me were those from between 1960 and 1972, when:

kids played outside with no electronic distractions
we ran up and down the neighborhoods from yard to yard, with no brick walls or wooden fences separating the houses
we knew practically everyone in our entire neighborhood and we had friends on every block
if we left our front doors unlocked, no one worried about strangers coming in and stealing all our stuff (or worse)
our parents rarely worried about where we were in the neighborhood, and we could stay out of the house till all hours with few, if any, fears
we had school buses to take us to and from school (instead of our harried, working parents or carpools or nannies)

It was a very, very different time, and I missed it most acutely when I was raising my own daughter, starting around 2000.

--Lee

Lee R. Nemchek, MLS, CRM, IGP
Vice President, Enterprise Records Governance
Oaktree Capital Management, L.P.
333 South Grand Avenue, 28th Floor
Los Angeles, CA 90071
p +1 (213) 830-6252  f +1 (213) 830-8504
www.oaktreecapital.com