From:
Wayne Hoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Apr 2016 10:37:19 -0400
Interesting posts!  And apologies for making the Friday pondering a
Monday one as well, when the day doesn't seem quite so bright.

I think the biggest challenge in 50 years will be to recreate the history of
the late 20th/early 21st centuries.  Too much information created
electronically during these time has been lost and future generations will
mourn it.

One response to Dick King... technology certainly changes the information
environment, but if there's anything we've learned over the past several
decades it's that the changes are rarely predictable (paperless office,
anyone?).  I think that retention schedules will be very different in 50 years
(compare schedules from 50 years ago to today), but they will still be very
much alive due at least to the "right to be forgotten" movements coming
out of Europe especially and perhaps also mitigation of litigation costs and
risks.

Wayne Hoff, CRM

Calgary, AB