From:
Bruce White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Apr 2016 11:46:15 -0400
In Politico.com.  I am surprised we haven't heard more stories like this.

<snip>
The botched implementation of an electronic health records system sent
Coast Guard doctors scurrying to copy digital records onto paper last
fall and has disrupted health care for 50,000 active troops and
civilian members and their families.

Five years after signing a $14 million contract with industry leader
Epic Systems, the Coast Guard ended its relationship with the
Wisconsin vendor, while recovering just more than $2.2 million from
the company. But it couldn’t revert back to its old system, leaving
its doctors reliant on paper.
<snip>

http://politi.co/1VVCItC

Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook