From:
"Petersen, Steve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2017 20:27:46 +0000
Happy Hump Day,

I'm having a discussion with some people about RIM policy and what level of compliance it should be written to.  The two schools of thought are to write it to the expected reality of being able to obtain 80% compliance and that its good enough versus write it for 100% compliance and striving for that but realistically knowing 80 % will be reality and any increases will be a positive.  This involves working toward the long-term goal of moving toward 100% compliance and not losing sight of the long term actions to move through that last HARD 20%.

An example for me is that you currently have no type of email solution in place but want policy to say that messages needing to be saved as records need to be managed and destroyed per the retention schedule.  If not documented at least state the schedule must be considered when destroying and be sure it's being done in a consistent and repeatable manner.  This is the 100% view and the 80% view is that we just tell them they need to review periodically but not make the review onerous because if they think it is they'll just keep everything.  If this is adopted how do you ever gain leverage for some type of email process proactively when told well that's not our policy.

Hate to think it comes down to an adverse event taking place.

Thought as well as Steve you're crazy are appreciated.

Steve Petersen, CRM | Records Manager, Records & Information Management
o: 319-355-5837 |
e: :[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>| w: www.transamerica.com<http://www.transamerica.com>

Transamerica
[6400 C ST SW Cedar Rapids, IA 52404]