From:
Mohammad Ahmad <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:48:14 -0400
Hi everyone,

I work for a Canadian provincial government department as RM coordinator
position, one of my duties entails acquiring records from offsite facility
and provide it to the users on a daily basis. We have a limited on site
storage.

I have recently started this position, I can imagine that no one returns
the materials even upon receipt of reminders. I have sent my first reminder
to couple of folks and including my own service area ‘Law’ where I report
to. There is no response. I have clearly laid down in my reminder
referencing the records management policy stating that if we do not hear
from you, the responsibility moves to the stakeholders who borrowed it in
the first place.

I am seeking here guidance of what are the best practices, and what should
be the next steps after sending first reminders (both for my own department
and for other stakeholders). Some of the solutions could be:

    1. Sending second reminder

    2. Contacting the stakeholders over phone

    3. Personally visiting and requesting them (problem is that we are
   located in remote locations)

    4. Sending the second reminder copying to their boss

    5. Sending the second reminder copying to their VP

    6. Sending the second reminder copying to my VP

    7. Sending the second reminder copying to both my and their VPs

    8. Creating a reminder on behalf of my VP (Law)

 Thanks for your kind help in advance.

Mohammad
--

*Mohammad Mumtaz Ahmad*

*MISt (2010)*

*Library and Information Studies***

*Faculty of Information (iSchool), University of Toronto*

Email: [log in to unmask]

Email Alternate: [log in to unmask]

*P*  *Think Green! Print this email only when** **necessary.*