From:
don warner saklad <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 13 Sep 2012 04:48:27 -0400
But, the only right thing is to give the citizens the minutes in both
ascii text and also in a fancier form, which fancier form must also be
non-proprietary and conveniently searchable. Discussing "sgstn" files
is absurd, and this mis-direction weakens our side's argument.

The law is clear. The public gets the public record of Council meetings.

Any discussion whatsoever of "sgstn" files is just a diversion. This
diversion has been so far successful. By means of this diversion, and
other deceptions and refusals, the public is denied the records which,
by law, must be rendered to the public in convenient form.

Note that I think the old and honorable line of stenographers should
be continued, with full pay and full pensions. Keeping the
stenographers on the payroll is not dependent upon refusing to publish
the public record of public meetings of the City Councile. Despite
what some Council members and administrators might claim. Indeed the
post of stenographer to the City Council exists just so that the
public gets the public records. I say this so that you know I am for
the continued employment of the present corps of stenographers. --onr