From:
Irene Eklund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 12:14:00 -0500
Hello,

I am fairly new to this listserv and have been reading the many
exchanges for a few months now.   This is my first post to this list -

I am working on putting together a Policy and Procedure Manual for the
file clerks in the Records department of the law firm I work at.  This
manual would be only for the internal use of the Records department and
more than likely will not be distributed firm-wide.  I have read the
Winter 2001 Law Library Journal article by Lee Nemchek entitled "Records
Retention in the Private Legal Environment" and have gotten a lot of
good idea's from this.

There are a number of topics I have already thought of to include, they
are (but not limited too) the following: filing responsibilities, on
site storage of boxes and plans, interfiling (how to handle filing for
cases already in storage), off site storage, client documents, and
recalling files.

If anyone has any idea's of what should be included in a Law Firm's
Records Department Policy and Procedure manual I would be most
appreciated.  Also, if anyone has a manual (or portions of) they are
able to share, I would appreciate this also, my contact information to
send this to me offline is below for anyone who can.

Irene Eklund
Donovan Hatem LLP
World Trade Center East
Two Seaport Lane, 8th Floor