Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 20:51:39 +0000
Though it might sound overstated, in my view there is a corporate governance crisis, leading, in large part, to the over proliferation of content without lifecyle rules enforcement. Legal departments by default are starting to own, reluctantly, ECM, as a by product of e-discovery cost and risk. This is lack of common ownership from company to company is an evolving situation. I suspect the legal and compliance functions have or will soon have ECM on their portfolio and need to address ECM as part of strategic planning and ongoing risk assessment activities. This is a very important development to watch. .

Rick