From:
"McLallen, David" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2007 14:01:51 -0600
My boss asked me to put together a list of books that I feel we should
purchase in 2008.  One I had in mind was William Saffady's "Managing
Electronic Records".  When I checked the ARMA bookstore, they show the
current (3rd) edition, dated 2002 and yet they have blurbs on it saying
"New offering" and "new edition" for what is clearly not either of the
above.  (And let me assure you that, being a division of IT, my
supervisor will balk at buying anything five years old.)  So does anyone
know if there is indeed a new edition of this book coming out?  Or has
ARMA just not updated their blurb for this one for a few years?

Also, just for the sake of starting a new topic, here's a question for
all and sundry:  What are the books that you feel are the most essential
to any RIM program?  (Yes, I'm already planning on getting "Everything
is Miscellaneous", despite major misgivings about Big Bucket concepts.)
And does anyone have thoughts about Mark Langemo's "Winning Strategies
for Successful Records Management Programs"?

Thanks in advance
David R. McLallen
Information Technology/Records Management
P.O. Box 471
Boulder CO 80306