From:
Doug Schultz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 2008 20:49:57 -0500
Dustin - I have similar experiences as Bernard outlined.

In one instance, I had the new vendors global support organization perform the migration.  They extracted the data from the old system, had a transformation process to reformat and change codes to match their system and then used their bulk loader to store in the new system.  You need to validate with record counts, validate data such as legal holds, etc.  We always went into a test environment that was a copy of production and validated there before re-running the migration in our production environment.  If we had problems in test, we corrected and re-ran until we got it right.

Douglas Schultz, ECMP, ECMS | Access Sciences Corp. - 713-664-4357 | Principal Consultant | 713-554-9570 (W) | 832-367-0468 (M) | [log in to unmask] www.accesssciences.com