From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 2009 11:11:05 -0400
Stephen:

Your last comment, "...this should have taken place when the matter
closed..." gives rise to a few questions/ideas.

Based on the comment, sound to me as if this may have been a litigation or
investigative matter now settled.  Are the records originals or copies?  If
copies and the originals are, or have been, treated based on their retention
requirements then these are likely ready for final disposition.

If they are originals and the department of origin is know, you might look
at them in light if the longest retention period known for that part of the
organization.  If it is going to be a long retention period and there is not
going to be any reference (does not sound as if there will be since there
appears to be not good indexing) then you might consider parking them in a
very low cost storage situation until the end of that time and then dispose
of them.

I don't have any information on what is a statistically significant sample,
or associated case/precedence.

Tod Chernikoff, CRM