From:
Steve Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 2010 14:11:35 -0700
Terri, I know of some USA regulatory agencies that require the record copy
of certain types of documents, or the server hosting the record copy, be
located and maintained within the geographic borders of the US.  I do not
know of any Canadian or Mexican laws and regulations that prohibit those
types of records from being transported to the US.  There could be.

My suggestion is if you cannot locate such Canadian and Mexican regulations
go ahead and have the documents sent to you if they are on the paper or film
media.  If electronic, just make sure you have access to them or capture
electronic copies and place on one of the servers in your location.

Best regards, Steve
Steven D. Whitaker, CRM