From:
Sam McCollum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 18:23:35 -0600
The issue here is the scope of emails being discussed. I agree that emails
that were not created by the individual should not be copied for private use
without permission. However, I believe that emails that I create belong to
me as much as to the company that I work for; the only proviso being that
confidential and privacy issues need to be respected. In Canada intellectual
property created by the individual may belong to the organization  that they
work for but the individual also retains rights to it; except where
agreement is made to override that right.

Sam McCollum, MBA, CRM
Calgary , Alberta

--
Sam McCollum, MBA, CRM, ERMm