From:
Angie Fares <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Aug 2011 16:41:11 -0500
I am having a problem that I hope someone can recognize and recommend a
fix for...I believe that I am actually dealing with two separate issues.
My current process is to scan a batch, then run the
recognition/validation process, then the OCR process, then convert the
files to .pdf, and then export to DocVue.

The imaging technician always verifies the page count after scanning to
make sure nothing was skipped and that the pages appear to be legible.
Then we kick off the recognition/validation.

In some cases, we are experience random occurrences where pages at the
front of the documents are missing when we pull them up in DocVue (we
know that this is happening AFTER the scan step).  In some cases, we
note that whole documents are missing from the batch (again, we know
that this is happening AFTER the scan step).

What is the most likely culprit and is anyone who is using Kofax 9
having the same problem?  Has anyone developed any audit trail reports
or process checks that might help me pinpoint the problem a bit better?