From:
Julie Colgan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2012 13:24:19 -0400
I'd really like to know how it is the public, or anyone for that matter, can measure the risk to individual privacy and evaluate the business cost impact of retention when they haven't (and may not?) first defined the data sets to be retained.

Maybe, in the end, the public comment period is merely a nice gesture with little anticipated weight on ultimate decision-making, as the article implies?

Will watch how this plays out with interest.  It has close parallels to questions being considered here in the US as well.

Sent from my iPhone