From:
Chris Flynn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 11:20:41 -0500
Ron,

If I may be so bold....
We live in interesting times. Like many industries we are faced with a
distinct choice. We can go short, hunker dow, and survive the trials and
tribulations that face us or sieze the opportunity. ARMA, in its infinite
wisdom and glory, chose to to the former. Rather than expand the resources
for its members, bring in a broad range of experts from diverse fields
(within and outside the field), and present the fullest possible expanse of
knowledge, ARMA shrunk down.

There is an opportunity right now for Records Managers to prove their
worth. In order to fully exploit this chance, many records managers need a
more fully developed understanding of our world. ARMA could have done this,
instead they limited the exposure of its members at the conference and as a
result reduced the number of credits available. Maybe not the best for the
members, but good business sense for the operation of the organization,
After all isn't ARMA there to further the existence of the organization
rather than that of its individual memebers.

Chris Flynn