From:
Records Management <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2012 09:01:19 -1000
So true...When Iniki hit the islands in 1992, the homeowners insurance
skyrocketed here.  In fact, several insurance companies went bankrupt
because they couldn't cover the insurance claims from the storm damage.
As a result, hurricane damage was taken out of most homeowners insurance
in Hawaii and made a separate "rider" to most plans.

Yes, the mess has just begun as you will need to file your damage
claims...

Hope all is well!

Brian