From:
Larry Medina <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:23:58 -0700
If they were in CA, you can bet that would have been halted before it
started

This is why you pay visits to facilities PRIOR to entrusting your
organization's assets to their custody, and as PatC said, periodically
AFTERWARDS...

As I've said before, it's CRITICAL to know if there are any 3rd party
agreements in place allowing for YOUR service provider to send any of your
stored content (physical format or electronic) to a site other than the
ones you have inspected.  If there are conditions or adjacencies that pose
a risk to your materials, you should either put provisions in the contract
to disallow for your items to go there, or seek another service provider.

Larry

--
*Lawrence J. Medina
Danville, CA