From:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Patrick Cunningham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:46:16 -0700
I hope no one gets me wrong. What you see happening in this situation is absolutely a "heroic effort" (and I put that in quotes simply because there are are real heroes in the first responders out there taking care of people and this pales in comparison) being made by the company to maintain service to their customers. You have to admire that level of customer focus. That said, when people have to perform heroic acts to enable technology to function, something is very wrong.

This is one of those good news / bad news things...

Bad news: Commercial power is out.

Good news: The generator is running.
Bad news: The basement is flooding.
Good news: The generator is on the roof.
Bad news: The fuel is in the basement.
Good news: We're a startup with highly motivated, physically fit young people.

For a play by play blog, see: http://status.squarespace.com/

Patrick Cunningham, CRM, CIP, FAI

"Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier."
-- Colin Powell