From:
John Montana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2012 20:13:23 -0500
That book is certainly a starting place, but it has some limitations.
Most obviously, look at the date. January 2006 was nearly 7 years ago at
this point. A lot's happened since then. Beyond that, when I worked with
Don Skupsky years ago, we used to buy a copy of that every year. Back
then it was published by the federal government directly rather than
being outsourced to a private party, and one of the things we discovered
when comparing it to Don's database, was that the feds really didn't
even have a very good idea of their own record-keeping requirements.
Don's database was much more comprehensive, and there were very few
requirements contained in the federal guide that we hadn't found
ourselves. And the federal guide itself contained south of 50% of the
requirements that we had identified.   So use it, but by all means don't
assume that it's comprehensive.

--
Best regards,

John