From:
alex campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 14:13:06 -0500
Hi Caitlin,

Sorry I have meaning to reply to your post.

I did some poking around the subject of health/medical records. It is
definitely a booming field and one to give careful consideration to as a
career path. My area of expertise is in Legal Records but I like to try to
keep a broad view of the entire Records and Information Management
industry. The best source for career information related to medical records
is AHIMA or the American Health Information Management Association. There
are two main certification tracks:

1. Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)

2. Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)

Both require a university background in health/medical courses which can
generally be obtained online over the course of one to two years.

Hope this helps!

Best,

*Alexander Campbell, M.S.*

HBR