Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2012 13:03:26 -0800
Now I may be reading Earl's response incorrectly, and of course it may be different in a law office, but to me "a record is a record regardless of media" would apply here.   Lync is just another media type.   By turning off Lync they may be deleting records that are discoverable.    Be interested in what are respected legal eagles have to say on the subject.   Excellent question.

Robert W Dalton, CRM
Dalton Consulting
253-229-4555