From:
Tod Chernikoff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2012 08:08:30 -0500
Glen wrote:

"Reading the ISO 15489 and there is a word Useability that is used several
times. Usability is the way I have seen it spelled, are these words
interchangeable or is this a UK spelling?"

The ISO is based in Geneva, Switzerland, so you will see European flavor and
language.  What we write as "Programs" is spelled "Programmes" in the
standard, for another example.

As for Gary's expansion on the pondering, I look at the standard's
characteristic of Useability as common sense.  If you can't find it, read
it, show it, and understanding in the context of the organization, what good
is the fact that you retained it?

Carry on with you Friday everyone!

Tod Chernikoff, CRM, CIP
www.twitter.com/tchernik

PS - Gary, I agree with your additional pondering. "The Chipmunks" is too
wide-ranging.  All the other chipmunks in the world are not included. On the
other hand, "The Other Chipmunks" may also be to generic.  Perhaps a more
detailed descriptor is called for.