From:
Maureen Cusack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Dec 2012 13:23:29 -0800
Well I now believe to be true Larry's theory about NFPA subtly excluding
records managers from NFPA 232 standards development to preserve domination
by storage vendors whose interest lies in maintaining vague and lax
standards. Two (2) years after submitting my application to join the NFPA
232 technical committee, I received, in the mail, my invitation to join.
The price is hundreds of dollars per year, and requires attendance
in-person at one committee meeting per year, minimum, and the meeting
is invariably on the other side of the country. I have a limited budget at
work for memberships and travel and my employer already pays my annual
memberships to ARMA (2 memberships, national and local) and ICRM, as well
as per-event fees and travel costs to attend local and national symposia
and conferences like MER.

--
Maureen Cusack
San Francisco, CA